Thursday, November 30, 2006

How efficient...

How efficient and useful this new blogger system is!

Not only are the site owners not giving us the option of choosing (are they conservatives?), wether or not we even want to use the new version (eventually all blogs will be migrated according to an article I read recently), once I switched over I found that no matter what I did my blog refused to appear on my list. I can't change the template, post...nothing.

So I had to start over.

Now, when we last left the first blog, Jason was, as per his usual custom, refusing to answer a simple and direct question.

Namely, if I and the scores of others who have left christianity are all wrong about the true nature of the religion, then why not set us straight and explain what it really is? In his own words. I opened up the door and invited him in to talk religion, an invitation that no christian I've ever met would be able to resist. They LIVE for that shit. The potential to add another soul to their scorecards is like running the can opener in a cat's earshot.

So why does he continue to refuse?

Well, first there was the asinine assertion that I am a 'brick wall' and would refuse to listen. Not so. I did NOT ask Jason to defend christianity (which we already know from reading PZ's blog he patently refuses to do).

What I asked him to do was describe his thoughts and feelings on the subject. In other words, explain what he thinks christianity is.

I'd much rather hear/read/learn something personal than get the standard cookie cutter 'the bible is the ultimate truth and that's just the way it is' argument. After years of hearing that stupid shit my mind and ears have completely closed to it. What I want is the personal meaning; what YOU think it is.

So I am once again presenting the opportunity.

In return I will present evidence that christianity is a death cult. Evidence will come in the form of biblical scripture and events that have been triggered/motivated by it.

Let's consider it an exchange of information.

Come on, Jason. The can opener is running.

4 comments:

Jay McHue said...

I have already taken an example of your obvious ignorance and wrongness in your assertion that Christianity is a "death cult" as a starting point to test how open you'd be to my arguments. True to form (as I fully expected), you ignored it and will not admit that you are wrong. Why should I bother to continue with anything else? You are a closed-minded bigot and not worth my time.

Conservative Follies said...

Why should I admit I'm wrong when I can use scripture to back up my point, and therefore am not wrong?

Unknown said...

Scripture doesn't lie, after all. Right?

Conservative Follies said...

Oh no, never... (lol).

I love your blog, btw.